Catalyze is a creative design agency that thrives at the intersection of
behaviour change, communications and systems design for sustainability. Our
mission is both simple and daunting – to inspire and influence for the greener
good. Ten years on, this ethos continues to drive our work with some of the
world’s leading environmental organizations and brands to resolve a broad range
of systemic failures – from growing waste to overfishing, and illegal wildlife
trade to tropical deforestation.
Systems Design at Catalyze
We see Systems Design as a mindset and a practice; a discipline that involves
looking at processes – existing or planned – in a holistic way to identify how
they can be improved or created with reduced impact on natural ecosystems. For
us, a key aspect of Systems Design is the obsessive focus on users and how they
interact to ensure that what we design fully responds to their needs,
motivations and abilities – and the environment they operate in.
We are hiring a Systems Design Consultant with a track record in designing
solutions that have been successfully implemented, with demonstrable results.
He/she will be expected to work closely with our clients, our creative team and
in particular with our Research, Behaviour Change Design and Creative Design
* Design systems that can operate sustainably
* Ensure high level of client satisfaction
Employment type: part time or project-based available.
Location: Remote working from Jakarta
This position will require occasional travel to other provinces in Indonesia,
and possibly to other countries in Southeast Asia.
1. Prepare client and partner proposals in collaboration with the team, and
present them to clients
2. Develop the internal briefs and plans necessary for the successful
implementation of the projects, in collaboration with the account/project
3. Coordinate with the Research team member(s) in assessing the research needs
for each assignments/projects, and participate in research efforts wherever
4. Supervise the iterative process of systems design, including prototyping,
testing and refining of the designed system until it operates according to
the goals that have been set
5. Liaise where necessary with client/partner
6. Document the learning from each project and contribute to the reporting
process, in collaboration with team members
7. Continuously refine the systems design process at Catalyze to achieve higher
efficiencies for the team and for our clients
8. Represent Catalyze at relevant events/fora in Indonesia and beyond
9. Contribute to the development of communication materials that document the
systems design projects for a range of media, e.g. website, social media