As an Engineering Manager at Urbanhire you will work with engineers, CTO and
product managers to deliver the highest quality products into the market.
As a manager you are not building a product, you are building a team that knows
how to build products.
* Lead and work across multiple engineering teams to improve workflow and
* Build a deep understanding of how our products work and are built.
* Though you will not be expected to regularly code, you will need to fully
grasp code and architecture concerns.
* Grow, develop, and manage the teams.
* Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication
(written and verbal) to team members.
* Own the efficiency, growth, and delivery of a team, making sure the team is
as productive as possible to complete short term and long term objectives.
* Be in constant communication with team members via Slack, WhatsApp and other
* Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
* Drive engineering excellence and ensure teams are delivering high-value
* Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized
backlog and create short term and long term goals. Identify and eliminate
distractions to the teams.
* Work with a CTO, Product Manager and Tech Lead to ensure that the roadmap is
realistic and understood.
* Work with CTO to design and maintain the company's technical architecture and
implement external technology solutions where required.
* Been actively involved in setting product strategy, provide continuous
feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths
and contributions of your team members.
* Create and provide regular feedback loops.
* Work closely with the Urbanhire recruiting team to hire high potential talent
from diverse backgrounds.
* Help your team build relationships across functions with Support, Marketing,
Ops, BizDev, or other teams to ensure Urbanhire’s continuing success.