HACKTIV8 is a “web development bootcamp” that transforms beginners into
full-stack web developers in 12 weeks. We believe anyone can learn to code as
long as they fully immerse themselves and follow our three agreements of
integrity, kindness and whole self.
At HACKTIV8, Instructor lead by example, demonstrating their passion for
learning and their commitment to a high standard of excellence. Being an
Instructor at Hacktiv8 is more like being a adventure guide or triathlon coach
than a follow-the-textbook style instructor. Instructor lead discussions, guide
inquiry, pair program with students, support students in their projects and
challenges, and provide feedback to students and each other.
Successful Hacktiv8 Instructors are also able to emphasize the meta-skills and
core concepts of software engineering, teaching students more than just how to
code - teaching them how to learn. We think teaching is challenging, meaningful,
and exceptionally fun. If you're up to the task, come join us.
* Communicate empathetically with new learners and guide them through the
process of becoming employable web developers
* Facilitate lectures and recitation sessions on advanced curriculum topics
* Provide content for lectures, facilitate code reviews, manage student pairing
and provide guidance on team projects
* Collaborate with our Curriculum team to facilitate improvements to our
* Design and manage processes for effective student learning
1. Help design systems to streamline and automate routine tasks for teachers