Who is the Entrepreneurial Finance Lab?
We are an award-winning, for-profit social enterprise that is accelerating
poverty reduction through innovative tools to help entrepreneurs and consumers
in emerging markets gain access to capital. We are the proven leader in using
alternative data to understand individual credit risk and create opportunity for
MSME and consumer financing. Our mission is simple: to unlock the
entrepreneurial potential of emerging markets by expanding access to finance for
the un-banked. How? Our psychometric assessment technology helps financial
institutions evaluate the credit-worthiness of small business owners and
consumers who wouldn’t otherwise have traditional access to credit. This
scalable, automated, breakthrough technology helps bring the developing world's
most capable, yet previously un-bankable people into the formal financial fold
for the first time, empowering them and their economies from the inside-out.
We spun off from a research initiative at the Harvard Kennedy School's Center
for International Development, and now we work with leading financial
institutions in Europe, Africa, Asia, and Latin America. With offices in Lima,
Boston, Mexico City, Jakarta, Nairobi, and Bangalore, EFL is impacting MSME and
consumer finance across the globe. Across 27 countries, EFL helps leading
financial institutions better understand risk, increase efficiency and achieve
strategic growth. We have been recognized and endorsed by leading development
organizations such as the IFC, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the
What is it like to work at EFL?
We’re a group of motivated, smart people trying to tackle a big problem! Our
team is driven to make a social impact. As a fast-growing, innovative company,
our culture is entrepreneurial, progressive, fast-paced, and multicultural. The
name of the game is autonomy, flexibility, collaboration, learning, results, and
making an impact. You’ll gain significant exposure to the world of
entrepreneurship, emerging market finance and big data, and enjoy an awesome
annual company retreat in Peru. We encourage our staff to think of EFL not just
as their employer, but also as their own company. Have an idea to do things
better? Implement it. Want flexibility in your schedule? Enjoy it. Want to make
an impact? Own it.
About the Position:
The Senior Consultant, Digital Financial Services leads our work with financial
institutions and fin-tech startups across A and is directly responsible for the
success of major financial institution partners as they implement EFL’s cutting
edge tools. This is a highly visible role, which serves as a trusted advisor to
our financial institution clients and has a direct impact on the success of EFL
in the region. This individual will have a lot of responsibility for
autonomously achieving results. This role involves making a direct connection
between a customer’s strategic goals and how our solution is implemented. The
successful candidate is passionate about making an impact, smart, driven,
empathetic and a life-long learner. Using a combination of consulting, product
management, data analysis and technology skills, the Senior Consultant will be
responsible for driving our customers’ success in expanding access to finance to
under-served households and entrepreneurs.
Who’s a good fit? Someone who:
* Can develop insightful understanding of the relationships between board-level
objectives, departmental goals (KPIs and MBOs), credit process/policy, and
how EFL is configured and implemented.
* Is a master relationship builder and dynamic communicator with a track record
of successfully building rapport with the C-Suite, and flexible enough to
work closely with mid-level and branch –level staff to implement business
* Works comfortably in an autonomous, self-directed environment.
* Is able to think both strategically and creatively to highlight opportunities
for EFL partners.
* Excellent ability to glean impactful insights through data analysis to
evaluate outcomes and devise strategies to increase lending.
* Is a high achiever that is laser focused on exceeding customer expectations,
offering valuable add-ons, and able to guarantee the quality of EFL
* Is driven to make a tangible impact and able to take both the macro and micro
* Has a sense of humor!
* Strategize, conceive and execute processes to streamline and scale lending
for under-served markets.
* Internally serve as the voice of the customer and work across the company to
improve our products and services.
* Partner across the EFL Global team to ensure successful implementation of EFL
tools. Deliver a smooth implementation of EFL in the field; including
testing, training, proactive troubleshooting and close monitoring to identify
areas of concern.
* Evaluate EFL´s outcomes and present to partners; analyze and resolve problems
together with the partner.
* Advise partners on risk, product, commercial and lending processes in order
to help them get the most from EFL solutions.
* Responsible for helping the partner achieve their EFL-partnership business
* Participate as a panelist or speaker at industry events as an expert in
analytics, financial inclusion, as well as micro, SME and consumer finance.
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia OR Manila, Philippines OR Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia OR