Join our !deas Lab's as a Full Stack Developer
“Every once in a while, a new technology, an old problem, and a big idea turn into an innovation.”
About Chapter W
Chapter W is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise founded in Singapore, with an office in Yogyakarta. We work at the intersection of Women.Technology. Social Impact.
At Chapter W, we do ‘non-profit’ differently. We value innovative thinking coupled with the spirit of being able to ‘get things done’; the use of technology and a business-like mindset to ensure that we are delivering the greatest impact in a sustainable, measurable and efficient manner.
Thus, we have created an !deas Lab where we pilot and experiment with new projects under the theme Women. Tech. Social Impact. For 2018/19, !deas Lab will focus on an online platform for creatives, with a special focus on empowering women in the creative sector.
Position: Full Stack Developer (full-time)
Deadline: Sunday 10 Nov 2018, 5:00 pm
Your key role will be to take the lead to improve the platform, both the back-end and front-end, as we obtain feedback from users in the upcoming pilot phase. Beyond the pilot phase, you will also work to continuously fix bugs and improve the functionality of the existing platform. You will also work with a graphic designer to convert design improvements into visual form in the site.
The ideal candidate will possess most or all the following traits:
1) A bachelor degree in Computer science or equivalent
2) Minimum 2 years relevant experience
3) Mature, resilient, driven and strong team-player (because individual brilliance will
only get one so far. No geniuses ever work alone)
4) Possesses a high level of professional and personal integrity
5) Highly adaptable and comfortable working in highly challenging environments and
6) Passionate and a strong believer in the power and impact of technology to drive
7) Fit, with no health problems
8)Good problem solving skills and attention to detail
3) Familiarity with database technology (such as MySQL, Oracle or MongoDB)
4) Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications.
6) Maintaining code integrity and organization; familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN is a plus.
7) Implementing necessary security and data protection aspects
8) Performing code reviews and bug fixing
9) Development experience for both mobile and desktop
10) Basic understanding of server-side languages such-as Jade, EJS, or Jinja