* Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job
descriptions for all positions.
* Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and
interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting
and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
* Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and
conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling
individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay
* Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by
training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management
conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances;
counseling employees and supervisors.
* Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by
studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit
programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining
and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing
and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
* Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending
human resource policies and procedures.
* Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning
employees; following up on work results.
* Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining
employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. Contributes to
team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.