Job Description: * Work closely with CEO, COO, and members of the Development
Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project
deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
* Produce project estimates during sales process, including
expertise required and total number of development hours required, etc.
* Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical
solutions, and make relevant recommendations to company. Communicate to the
CEO and COO with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
* Engage in outside-the-box thinking to provide high
value-of-service to company.
* Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications
and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
* Establishing a detailed program specification through
discussion with clients;
* Clarifying what actions the program is intended to perform;
* Breaking down program specification into its simplest
elements and translating this logic into a programming language; Devising
possible solutions to anticipated problems;
* Working as part of a team, which may be established purely
for a particular project, to write a specific section of the program;
Combining all elements of the program design and testing it;
* Testing sample data-sets to check that output from the
program works as intended;
* Conducting testing and installing the program into
* Reacting to problems and correcting the program as
* Evaluating and increasing the program's effectiveness;
* Adapting the program to new requirements, as necessary;
* Conducting user acceptance testing to ensure the program can
be used easily, quickly and accurately;
* Writing detailed documentation for the operation of the
program by users and computer operators;
* Consulting manuals, periodicals and technical reports to
learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and
* Updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing
software and generic applications.