You will be conducting courses in Java for students who have passed the fundamentals of computer programming but don’t necessarily have knowledge in Java language or in developing larger systems.
The following two courses are aligned to be passed by students one after the other: “Programming in Java” and “Distributed Web Application Development in Java using AWS”.
Each course takes 3 months for a student to finish after which one can start, at the minimum, an entry level developer position in a software development project. You will be mentoring and guiding our students through the courses. Helping them to gain knowledge in designing and executing the development of information systems using Java programming language, cloud computing, and other technologies.
Responsibilities of the job include:
* Deliver classes, seminars and tutorials;
* Set and mark examinations;
* Plan, prepare and research lectures;
* Contact and teaching time with students;
* Check and assess students work;
* Attend staff meetings;
* General administration;
* Researching the study field;
* Support students through a mentoring or advisory role;
* Contribute to professional conferences and seminars in your field of expertise;
* Establish collaborative links with other institutions, as well as with industrial, commercial and public organizations;
* Participate in staff training activities;
* Develop and implement new methods of teaching.
How we teach in NST:
* Technology changes quickly so modular and smaller courses over large and rigid curriculum;
* Hybrid classes of lectures mixed with practical teamwork;
* Teaching requires patience and willingness to learn;
* Discipline over teaching experience;
* Willingness and capability to learn, over technical skills;
* Quality over quantity;
* Practice makes perfect but without theory, you can become perfect at the wrong things;
* We are teaching future engineers;
* Demand quality from yourself, eventually others will follow;
* We teach in English;
* We teach modern practices with proven techniques;
* Long-term goals over short-term wins.
From a candidate we are looking for the following:
* Willingness to be able to learn from and adapt to different skill levels of students;
* Experienced in developing or overseeing development of information systems;
* Knowledge of OO design, Clean Code, TDD and understanding of Java peculiarities;
* Experienced in designing modern web services, APIs and distributed systems;
* Algorithmic and analytical thinking;
* Written and verbal English communication skills;
* Understanding of different database technologies;
* Understanding of Linux OS;
* Enthusiasm for your specialist research area and the ability to pass this passion on to your students and peers.
There are interests and previous experiences that reflect the suitability of a candidate to teach in Nordic School of Technology. The following would help us better see You as the best fit for the team:
* Mentoring and team leading experience;
* Understanding of lean development principles;
* Understanding of Cloud Computing Principles;
* Understanding of algorithms and math behind them;
* Interested in learning more about Machine Learning technologies;
* Cloud Web Services training (AWS);
* Pedagogical training;
* Experience in working with multinational team and companies;
* Opportunity to construct and participate in a machine learning lab with real-life experiments and outcomes.