Responsible for offering training in a job-specific area. Focuses on teaching
specific areas of knowledge or on-the-job capabilities needed for certain
* Identify and assess training needs within a company.
* Meet with managers and supervisors to ascertain needs.
* Conduct surveys.
* Train employees for specific jobs.
* Develop, organize, conduct and evaluate training programs.
* Create teaching materials.
* Teach skills such as computer applications, phone systems, product assembly,
policies and procedures, and inventory planning.
* Direct structured learning experiences.
* Hold meetings and presentations on learning material.
* Create learning literature.
* Plan, organize, and implement a range of training activities.
* Conduct orientation sessions to assess level of skills.
* Help employees improve upon or enhance existing skills.
* Develop programs that groom lower-level employees for executive positions.
* Evaluate training effectiveness.
* Modify training programs.
* Design apprenticeship programs.
* Create monitored simulations and problem-solving scenarios.
* Create interactive, multimedia presentations.
* Hold workshops and lectures.