Nearcircles is a private social networking app for neighbourhood residents. Its
a 100% free downloadable app from Google playstore and Apple appstore. Users can
start following their local community discussions, view their neighbour profiles
to network with them, create social circles with like minded people on the app
itself and bring these online connections to the real world.
Nearcircles is a fast growing tech startup based out of Singapore and Indonesia.
You will be one of the key recruits joining the team and will be influential in
growing the userbase in Indonesian cities. You will be working directly with the
Founder. If you are someone interested in the startup culture, thinking about a
career move to join a startup or maybe planning to kickstart your own venture
then this position could be a good fit.
As our new mobile designer, you will work closely with the mobile product team.
Your primary goals will be to design the next generation of mobile websites,
apps and other mobile interfaces across multiple platforms such as iOS, Android.
We expect you to have an evolved understanding of how people use their devices,
the flexibility to adapt to new technologies, and a robust toolkit.
You will be reporting to the creative director and will be responsible for
highly usable and intuitive interface creation. Any concept you create will be
brand-consistent across all mobile experiences that our company provides to our
Responsibilities in detail:
* Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for
* Provide strategic thinking and leadership.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process
* Participate in the development process from definition, through design,
build, test, release, and maintenance.
* Stay abreast of UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in
parallel analogous worlds.
* Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns.
* Break any design problem down into viable actionable chunks and solve them
with clarity and precision.
* Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in
the mobile design field.
* Strong graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography,
intuitive layouts and palate development.
* A bachelor’s or higher degree in interaction design, human-computer
interaction, cognitive science or related field. A master’s degree is
* Strong ability to recognize and predict use-cases and user interaction,
including happy path, edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into
* Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web,
technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant
* Proven ability to deliver high quality designs to customers.
* A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
* Expert level skills in Photoshop, InvisionApp, UXPin and other relevant
* Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android
design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design.