· Design, administer and optimize company servers and system related components to achieve high performance, reliability and availability.
· Performing technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all servers.
· Reports any deviation/problem/outage to superior and other units, provides regular reporting.
· Ensures high level of security of IT infrastructure.
· Performs daily system monitoring, verifying availability of all hardware, server resources and key processes, reviewing logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
· Plans and implements server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
· Minimizes activities with a negative impact on operation; maintenance windows are always discussed with the affected departments.
· Manages enterprise directory services and supporting server infrastructure.
· Reviews the use of hardware, load of servers and storage capacity, provides capacity analysis as an input for proper planning.
· Participates on IT projects related to IT infrastructure.
· Solves user request and complaints, is part of Helpdesk processes, provides on-call support.
· Maintains operation documentation of architecture and settings.
· Prepares written materials (e.g. procedures, reports, guidelines, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and providing guidelines and help for the users.
· Ensures the compliance with license and other agreements.
· Defines local standards, ensures the global standards are met.
· Cooperates with Group Middleware department, Windows and UNIX Department and other IT teams located in Czech Republic and other countries.
· Cooperates on business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
· Very good level of English, able to communicate on daily basis with foreigners.
· At least three years’ experience in System Administration.
· Practical experience with administration of Windows and Unix servers, also in virtualization environment (VMware).
· Experience with the core systems – LDAP, messaging (MS Exchange, Zimbra), file and print, DNS, DHCP, and proxy backup.
· Scripting experience (e.g. Windows PowerShell & Bash Scripting), experience with databases.
· High level of PC skills - documentation, presentation, calculation, communication, data manipulation, troubleshooting, knowledge bases.
· Reliable and independent person.