* Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department.
* Process month and end year process, accounts payable/receivable, cash
receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash
forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets
reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed
asset activity, debt activity, etc.
* Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or
* Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
* Coordinate with external auditors to complete annual audits.
* Provide recommendations to top management.
* Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
* Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy.
* Meet financial accounting objectives.
* Coordinate with tax consultant to establish and maintain fiscal files and
records to document transactions.