* The first and most prominent responsibility of the Head of Brand Marketing is
his leadership over the brand marketing department. In this position, the
Head of Brand Marketing is responsible for the overall management of junior
brand marketing managers, these are, the Brand Marketing Manager and the
Senior Brand Marketing Manager.
* The Head of Brand Marketing, in his leadership capacity, is also tasked with
the creation of a departmental vision that he instills in all levels of the
department, which form part of the business culture. He is also tasked with
overseeing the business’s online brand marketing campaigns on digital
channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, business websites, email and so
* The Head of Brand Marketing also oversees offline brand marketing approaches
such as design marketing and hardcopy promotional materials.
* The Head of Brand Marketing has overall responsibility over all creative
outputs inclusive of web promotional materials, selection of creative
agencies, creative briefings, graphics, photography, etc. across the
* The Head of Brand Marketing also plays a mentorship role to key personnel in
the brand marketing department, honing their professional skills and
preparing them to occupy his position in the future.
* Strategy: The Head of Brand Marketing also plays a major strategic role. He
develops and manages the business’s brand strategy as well as corresponding
brand elements in order to maximize the brand’s equity.
* The Head of Brand Marketing is responsible for the creation and placement of
advertising that is in support of the business’s and sales team’s initiatives
through media planning, creative development, metrics, market research, and
* The Head of Brand Marketing is also responsible for the creation of all forms
of marketing, for example, interactive marketing, direct marketing campaigns,
advertising, sales collateral, press releases, and executive presentations.
* In charge of the development of the execution plan for thought leadership
initiatives, where he uses a wide range of content in order to build
awareness and credibility for business and brand in the market,
simultaneously establishing the organization as a thought leader in the
* Plays the role of ensuring that all branding programs are aligned with the
overall business objectives and that they are optimized and relevant to
Collaboration: The role of the Head of Brand Marketing, as expected, is
highly collaborative. The Head of Brand Marketing works closely with the
Sales department, the Director of Brand Marketing, and the Chief Marketing
Officer in formulation and delivery of both the offline and online brand
marketing elements/strategies. These elements are inclusive but not limited
to brand design, partnership marketing, content, public relations, and
* Partners with senior brand marketing management in the drawing of the
departments’ budget and its subsequent allocation within the department.
* Assists the Director of Brand Marketing in managing and integrating the
public relations process into all program activities for the purpose of
achieving ROI and maximum positive coverage. He also works with brand
campaign managers in ensuring relevant brand promotion that will lead to the
achievement of maximum ROI.
* Analytics: The Head of Brand Marketing plays a major analytical role in
establishing metrics for the purpose of measuring campaign effectiveness
against KPI’s. At this capacity, he also establishes a process for
benchmarking the brand’s performance in various in order to ensure that
campaigns are relevant and competitive.
* Ensures the completion of market analyses and monitors the competitive
activity in the market as well as conducting gap analyses and financial
modeling, which avail the business a competitive advantage and facilitate the
realization of new brand marketing opportunities for the business. In this
capacity he also integrates PR processes in brand marketing campaigns that
ensures maximization of ROI.
* The Head of Brand Marketing is also tasked with the preparation of reports on
campaign performance, which he presents to senior brand marketing management,
key stakeholders, and external partners.